Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year, New Nonsense

It's our first day back at work in the New Year, and Stan & I are brimming with new ideas. For one, we've decided to freak our guests out by placing these emoticators on the console - facing them - so they know how we're feeling. *grin*

I thought Stan was kidding, but when I didn't bring mine down, the boy made me run up 4 floors to get it! *grumble*

Stan & Pam's moods this morning: Now plain for all our guests to see...

Well, it didn't help that our first guest of 2009 was an NLP coach & trainer! Bless her heart, Sylvia Fernandes (who's also founder of Via Group) looked a tad concerned when she saw my emoticon staring back at her. "Why?" she asked kindly. I smiled and shrugged it off as I seriously was not soliciting free therapy.

A little perplexed, I ask Stan later, "Should I tell the truth ah?" He looks at me for a moment, then says matter-of-factly. "Tell the truth lah." Oh. Alright.

In any case, I totally enjoyed the uplifting conversation with Sylvia! One takeaway for me: Seize this time of economic gloom to do the things we've always wanted to do but held off because we were going on auto-pilot. It can be a period that brings us closer to our passion.

I've decided to travel this year and just agreed to go skydiving with a friend. *gulp*

I was also heartened by the real-life story of Francis & Dorothy Chong, who shared candidly about how their marriage survived adultery. The brave couple hopes that their book 'No More Tears: Reconciliation After Adultery' will help other couples going through similar pain to find hope.

Well, the couple has generously offered to give away 2 copies of their book to our listeners. So if you'd like a copy, perhaps to pass to a friend you know who is in such a predicament, email us at livingroom@938LIVE.sg.

We look forward to having you join us in our Living Room this year. Do continue to write us as we'd love to hear from you! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: