Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stan on the Other Side!

When I first joined The Living Room in Oct last year, Stan did an interview with me on our blog. Well today, I had the privilege of interviewing him on-air, and oh what a blast!

Stan on the other side: With Agapella team-mate & renowned artist Namiko Chan-Takahashi.

Stanley is part of an a capella group called Agapella and this year, they turn 7! *grin* In celebration of their 7th birthday, they're putting up a concert called seven@8, and tickets will go for a "whoppingly" cheap $7!

I heard them sing @ the Esplanade last Christmas and it was really heartwarming. The thing that strikes me most is that Agapella is more than just a "singing group". They're like family.

Listening to Namiko Chan-Takahashi & Stan share about how the members hang out, how some members are married to each other, others with kids.. gave me a sense of the bond they share. I think that's gonna make the greatest difference, compared to many other a capella groups out there.

These guys may not be celebs (well, except maybe for Stan!) but their YouTube vid, which was recorded a year ago at one of their regular practices, has received more than 22,000 hits... and counting! *gasp*

I'm told it's a rehearsal for a friend's wedding, and Agapella has never performed Pachelbel's Canon in D 'live'. But for this upcoming concert, they will. So don't miss it!


SEVEN@8
10-11 July, 8pm
NAFA Lee Foundation Theatre
NAFA Campus 3

To access their updates & pics, go to Agapella's blog by clicking here.

I'll be there on Fri 10 July to catch my buddy in action (yes, he's dancing!). Hope to see you there! :o)

No comments: