While 362 days still lay ahead for us to grab each day by the tail (it's the year of the tiger!), Justine Moss and I wasted no time on the show picking the mind of executive and personal coach, Sabreena Andriesz who heads up her own consultancy, The Conscious Choice. She's also current President of International Coach Federation Singapore.
Here are her 7 Golden Rules for Goal-Setting & Goal-Getting:
1. Goals must be expressed in the positive where it concerns outcome or destination goals; these set the direction for us.
2. Make the goals as specific as possible.
3. Decide how you will get evidence and feedback for your achievement.
For the ultimate goal, set the evidence that will tell you that you have 'arrived'.
For the journey, or process goals or pit-stops, decided on the feedback to pay attention to.
4. Identify the resources available to you.
5. Be proactive.
6. Pay attention to ecology or your environment.
7. Make an action plan.
Here's wishing you success in netting some precious goals this new year!